Anzac biscuits are sweet, delicious and chewy oatmeal cookies, popular in Australia and New Zealand, and great as teatime treat.
- 140g rolled oats
- 140g flour
- 140g soft brown sugar
- 140g thread or desiccated coconut
- 88g raisins (optional)
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 125g butter
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 160°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl combine the rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, coconut and raisins.
3. Heat together golden syrup, butter and water until butter melts. Then add the baking soda to liquid.
4. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and mix together until it is well combined.
5. Roll mixture into balls slightly smaller than a golf ball and place on prepared trays, allowing room for spreading.
6. Using a fork or your fingers slightly flatten the balls on the tray.
7. Put tray in oven and bake for about 15-18 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown.
8. Allow to cool on trays (this will allow the biscuits to harden ).